The group supports engineering with material/proces selection and proces development.The knowledge obtained is used by quality assurance (QA) in:
- design drawing approval,
- QA inspections,
- NCR handling.
The PA/QA group maintains a dedicated construction analysis laboratory for technology research or failure analyses. These are some examples of the activities the laboratory can facilitate:
- wirebond pull testing,
- surface hardness for polymers,
- microscopy up to 1000x magnification including interference and contrast
- static load testing up to 10KN,
- electrical measurements (micro-probing and high voltage characterisation),
- component/assembly thermal cycling and shock testing (473K to 77K),
- vacuum potting and molding,
- micro-sectioning on mechanical and electrical parts
- metallurgical studies.